Dolphin Mobility has many solutions for lifting disabled riders onto a horse. The most popular system is to have a Handi-Move hoist used in conjunction with their Body Support, which is quicker and easier to use than a conventional sling.
Advantages of the Handi-Move Ceiling Hoist system:
- The only ceiling hoist system that can be used with the Body Support
- Can also be used with spreader bar and slings
- More suited to a stable/barn environment. PU treatment and membrane panel available
- Pneumatic hand control
- Longer life cycle
- Optional extra long hand control flex
- Bigger batteries – more uses between charging. Ideal for larger groups or intensive use
The prices for the overhead track system suitable for use with the Body Support start from £3000. But additional costs may be incurred if scaffolding is required to mount the hoist.
Overhead hoist systems are often used and can be fixed to steel beams if there is a covered area and suitable structure. It is usual for a ramp and platform to be constructed on one side. This makes the job of assistants much easier and, most importantly, safer.